Q.E.C. Functions (As prescribed by HEC)
- The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by the Director QEC and will be reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor. She is to be the correspondent with the outside bodies.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to apply Pakistan Qualification Framework for curriculum development. The Faculty is also appointed according to the revised HEC Eligibility Criteria.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality Assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
To ensure smooth functioning of QEC as per the predefined quality parameters set by HEC, the chairpersons of the repective departments are subjected to submit the following:
It should be provided to the QEC for the assurance of the academic quality. It is a standard practice to maintain the course file, lesson plan, time table and schedule for the session work etc
It should be filled by each faculty member after verification by the respective chairperson and to be submitted to the QEC.
Course Completion certificate
It should be provided to QEC to ensure that the entire academic faculties have completed their course file ensuring the completion of contents as per course plan.
Attendance Registers of the faculty & students
Regular attendance is must for all the students to appear in the examinations. Moreover, attendance register of each faculty member duly signed by the respective chairperson should be provided to the QEC.
The chairpersons are supposed to provide all the assignments to the QEC.
Question Papers (after exam collection)
It should be provided to QEC to check out the quality of paper setting which is to be done according to the format of the course outline.
Examination system at departmental level may be monitored by the QEC Team.